1. Health

Updated: Hearing Aid Prices

By January 14, 2008

Updated the article on hearing aid prices, with new information added. Do you think hearing aids today are too expensive? Have you struggled to pay for hearing aids?

Comments
January 14, 2008 at 9:16 pm
(1) C says:

FYI, some or most of blue cross/blue shield’s coverage now covers hearing aid up to 1K for children up to 18 yrs of age.

January 14, 2008 at 9:32 pm
(2) mcconnell says:

Hearing aids generally average around 1700. Digital hearing aids are a bit higher. Mine is a digital hearing aid that I bought 10 years ago for about $2000. That’s the equivalent of about $18 per month. Only had to repair it once costing me $300. Still, even if you had it for 5 years it’d be the equivalent of $35 per month, which is cheaper than most cable or satellite tv bill that so many of you have.

January 15, 2008 at 10:08 am
(3) Peachlady says:

My hearing aid costs me $800.00 in 2006(not digital). My audiologist recommended me not to get a digital hearing aid. I am glad I don’t have to spend $1200 extra.

January 23, 2008 at 12:30 am
(4) Fred K says:

Please shop a bit before you buy… I love my aids and got a great deal on EBay… I know it take a “leap of faith” to send that much money on a promise, but I saved half off what a store front would have charged and have had the warranty honored without a problem… (FYI…your results may vary)

January 23, 2008 at 2:57 am
(5) deaf single says:

Your reommend is good! Thanks!

January 23, 2008 at 9:22 am
(6) Alyssa says:

I also have digital hearing aids I bought back in 2002 for $3000 and it’s only one hearing aid. I do wish it was cheaper but digitial hearing aids helped me hear better than the regular ones. I still have it today after 6 years and it still works fine. I paid $100 a year for insurance and if it gets damage or needs repair, the insurance can repair it or replace it free.