What follows are the site highlights:
- A map of the school, with Quicktime VR (virtual reality) videos of selected areas. Parents considering the school for their children will truly be able to get an idea of what the campus is like. (There is also a slide show)
- A Frequently Asked Questions page, addressing the concerns of families moving to Florida.
- A statewide resource center for teachers of the deaf throughout the state of Florida, offering curriculum and technology resources, captioned/signed videos, and even captioning services.
- A Parents-Infants Program.
- A list of vacancies at FSDB; teaching applications are accepted at anytime.
- Adobe PDF files of the school newsletter.
As the largest school of its type in the United States, the FSDB plays an important cultural role in the deaf community in Florida. For example, the school has a deaf dance troupe that gives performances all over Florida.
Besides traditional school for the deaf academic programs, FSDB students can also mainstream in St. John's County public schools with support from FSDB.