1. Health

Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye Returns...to Animal Planet!

By March 24, 2009

I loved the show Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye when it first aired, in part because of the performance of Deanne Bray. This show had a deaf woman as THE star. Oh, and there was a dog, too, called Levi. Levi is the reason that we now have a second chance to catch past episodes of Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye on Animal Planet!

Deanne Bray in 2002
Photo: Keith Bedford / Getty Images

One of the show's writers contacted me to inform me that ""Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye" premieres on Animal Planet Monday, April 6, 8pm EST/PST (7pm Central/Mountain) with a 2-hour premiere. Then it will air Mondays at 9pm EST/PST (8pm Central/Mountain)."

Update: Animal Planet stopped showing the program after 2 weeks.

Comments
March 25, 2009 at 10:29 am
(1) Niq says:

Yay! I never got to see it.

March 25, 2009 at 8:37 pm
(2) Bill says:
March 28, 2009 at 8:13 pm
(3) gab says:

I’ve been waiting for the show to come to dvd or another station. It was my favorite. I can’t wait to share it with others.

April 7, 2009 at 2:03 pm
(4) Susan says:

I really loved the show when I watched it years ago. Thank you for bringing it back to TV.

April 7, 2009 at 8:35 pm
(5) LMiller says:

I taught a deaf child when she was in 1st grade and her mother pushed her too like Sue Thomas. I cried throughout the first episode and thought it was the BEST show I have seen in a long time. I am so glad that my children were able to see it too. BRAVO!!!!

April 7, 2009 at 10:18 pm
(6) Jackie says:

I am so happy the show will be back on TV again. It was one of the best shows on TV and we loved it. I only wish someone would bring the series back with the original stars and new storys as well!!!

April 8, 2009 at 10:29 am
(7) df says:

This was one of the best shows on tv. So glad it is back. Thanks Animal Planet. Can’t wait for Monday nights.

April 8, 2009 at 11:34 pm
(8) Irene says:

I just happened to come across this Pilot of Sue Thomas and I really loved it!! I wish there was more shows like this on Tv. I love dogs and Leye reminds me of my dog Rusty who now is in doggie heaven. I hope this series stays on for a long time!

Irene

April 9, 2009 at 11:02 am
(9) Meghann says:

I actually enjoyed the show, very cute, although the music is a bit cheesy and too loud. This from a person who has 30% hearing loss in one ear, lol. I have it ready for my DVR now. It’s upbeat and positive and has references to GOD in it! There’s a surprise! Anyway, grats off to Deanne Bray, great performance, :)

April 9, 2009 at 7:31 pm
(10) deafness says:

Meghann,
The reason that it has “cheesy” music and references to God, is because it originally appeared on the Pax cable channel. Pax itself originated from a Christian cable channel. So enjoy watching Deanne and just accept any cheesiness and the predictable nature of the scripts.

April 14, 2009 at 8:46 am
(11) Valerie says:

Thanks Animal Planet! great show
New segments would even be better!

April 20, 2009 at 4:32 pm
(12) Anna says:

Looks like Animal Planet has pulled the show, all airings are gone. I’m mad too because I loved it when it was on PAX/ION and now they pull it from Animal Planet? Can’t we get a DVD release?

April 20, 2009 at 9:09 pm
(13) Lisa says:

I am very disappointed that Animal Planet decided to not show Sue Thomas. We have so few good shows to watch anymore. Thanks for nothing Animal Planet!

April 20, 2009 at 9:46 pm
(14) Rick And Vickie says:

I can’t believe that Animal Planet took Sue Thomas off the air….We really enjoyed a show that our whole family could watch, and we liked Sue and Levi. We want it back!

April 20, 2009 at 10:12 pm
(15) Loralei says:

My Mom and I saw the listing for Sue Thomas on animal planet in the TV Guide this week; we were soo excited!!! We have watched the show from the first episode that aired on PAX. Imagine our disapointment when we found out it was canceled, first by PAX and then by Animal Planet. Please, Please, Please bring Sue Thomas (and Levi) back!!!

April 20, 2009 at 10:58 pm
(16) big fan of the show says:

what’s going on?? Animal Planet shows it twice and then pulls it before it’s shown the third time? This was after promoting it and after their press release announcing the broadcast. Something is very wrong here!

April 20, 2009 at 11:27 pm
(17) 1fish2fish says:

I was sooo excited, I have seen every episode, and have close to all of them on tape, but I wanted to watch them as they aired again, in order. Imagine my surprise when after already having gotten used to looking forward to Monday nights, I turn my television to AP, and Sue Thomas is NOT on=[
Oh I’m so very dissapointed in you, AP, running two episodes hardly constitutes giving it a fair chance.

April 21, 2009 at 1:13 am
(18) Sandra says:

I loved Sue Thomas when it was orginally aired and very sad when it was cancelled. I work with service dogs and thought this was a wonderful show. I am so glad it is on Animal Planet. How do I let them know so they will continue to show the shows.

April 21, 2009 at 1:17 am
(19) Sandra Barton says:

I love Sue Thomas and was so excited to see it on Animal Planet. Now I find they have taken it off their schedule after 2 (that’s right 2) weeks. Please bring it back….

April 21, 2009 at 12:48 pm
(20) Jamie Berke says:

I contacted Deanne. She said there is info on her website that explains this. Unfortunately I can not access her website right now, so if someone else could, and could post the info, it wold be appreciated. From memory, I believe her website is http://www.deannebray.com.

April 21, 2009 at 1:24 pm
(21) Susan says:

I am very disappointed that Sue Thomas F.B.Eye was taken off after I told many friends to watch on Monday nights. And after only 2 weeks. Shame on you Animal Planet.

April 21, 2009 at 1:24 pm
(22) Susan says:

April 21, 2009 at 4:41 pm
(23) Rob G. says:

I’m adding more info for Jamie since she’s elsewhere and can’t do it. As it turns out, Animal Planet cancelled the show after just two weeks. Check Deanne Bray’s site for info.

Directly from the site, it says;

“Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye” is the first and only drama Animal Planet has had.

I’m sad to tell you that they have now decided that it is not a fit for their network- so they will not be running any more episodes.

While Animal Planet received more letters, emails and phone calls of support for “Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye” than they have ever received for any show – thanks to all of you! – ultimately, the network felt the ratings weren’t not what they wanted.

We greatly appreciate your amazing support – and keep checking in, we may soon have some good news to report soon!

Thank you all!

Hmm… “Not a fit for their network?” They’ve most likely shown animals helping other people, so sounds like it is a fit to an extent. What’s their REAL reason?

April 23, 2009 at 7:21 pm
(24) Sara says:

Come on! I love STFBEYE! Bring it back some where! Thanks Animal Planet for nothing. Give me back my favorite show! There is nothing good on tv anymore, and now this is gone too. Bring it back!

April 28, 2009 at 6:27 pm
(25) Lisa says:

I did not see Sue Thomas F.B. Eye when it was on TV a few years ago. I happened to see it on Animal Planet recently and enjoyed it so much that I set my DVR to record every week. Today I discovered that it was cancelled. Seems like they did not really give it a chance. It left me wanting to see more!!

May 6, 2009 at 3:33 pm
(26) chris Sellars says:

I loved the show as well, I am just wondering if it was cut because of the “God” factor?? What is wrong with this station! Is american going nuts!

May 11, 2009 at 4:19 pm
(27) Val says:

Something is very wrong with Animal Planet. I understand about the ratings not being where they wanted them to be, but couldn’t they have waited until the end of season 1 instead of the first 2 episodes.

June 16, 2009 at 11:10 am
(28) Glenda says:

I cannot believe this! I have been searching the channels since ION TV discontinued this program. I, like others, set my schedule to be able to see this – good, clean, wholesome television. What is wrong with people! And I was so excited about catching it flipping channels and found it on the Animal Planet. And then it wasn’t there anymore. Now, I found out why. Let’s throw in some bad language, sex, blood and gore and I’m sure it would make the ratings. Oh please….this makes me sick.

June 21, 2009 at 1:08 pm
(29) BRANDY says:

hey my name is brandy i love your show it is so funny and i enjoy the the cases you and the team complet together

September 13, 2009 at 6:20 am
(30) chloé says:

Hi i’m a french fan of the show and I really loved it. I was so sad when they stopped it. I’d love if animal planet could create new episodes and bring the show back. It would be the best thing to do.
Well, for now thanks to you, I have a little more hope to see it begin again soon. bye

September 14, 2009 at 6:16 pm
(31) Solie B says:

The Gospel Music Channel just started showing episodes of Sue Thomas F.B.Eye on Sept. 14, 2009. The GMC also advertised the series for sale on their web site but I could not find it.

November 30, 2009 at 9:52 pm
(32) Jacquie O"Shea says:

I really love this show i have been watching it for two in half years and want to get hold of deanne Bray. I hope she does email me i like her alot care for her and care for deaf people i even know sign lanuage. Even know i am not deaf i still do it deanne i am 12 1/2 my b – day may 12 2010. and i want to be an actor in california just like you in the same city you also live in as well.